Friday, April 2, 2010

Change

I like things to change now and then. I go through times when I feel restless and want things to be new and exciting. That seems curious to me since I have a fairly unchanging life. I've been married for 25 years, had my job for 9 years, repainted the inside of our house and ended up with the same color completely by accident, but that's a whole other story. But honestly, I'm not too keen on the place that I'm at now. This is the first year we won't all be together at Easter since Chad can't make it home, the first year I'm not hiding Easter baskets for the kids (they officially had enough of that last year). I think I'm a grown up "Tween", you know, in between the time when my kids need me as much in a mom kind of way and the time when I might someday have grand kids and that brings back all those fun times. It's time to move to a new chapter.
I did have some time today to reflect on the best change that ever took place in my life and for this world. On Good Friday thousands of years ago, God was willing to offer His Son as a sacrifice for my sins and change this world and my eternal future. I am deeply grateful that my life changed when I accepted the Lord into my life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen !i love you because you don't change . i don't think i could bare you having work done ! hahaha

pammycakes said...

i love you ...............your the sweetest!!!!

dizzysnux said...

you are a goblet that God created and did a great job.... love those thinker kind of people.... hugs
great seeing you...