Monday, May 3, 2010

A Pink Scooter


Got me thinking, but more on that in a minute. I am so grateful for the wonderful girl friends that are in my life. Each one is so different and add so much to my life.

There's Beth who is so funny, adorably in love with her sweet baby girl Adele, and no surprise that she's in public relations, able to eloquently speak her mind and get her point across perfectly.

Then there's Yonette, my cute Italian girlfriend who loves to cook and who can strike up a conversation with anyone.

Anna makes me laugh every day with her adorable take on life and her witty sense of humor.

Pam is the sister I never had. I have always been a big fan of her creativity, her bottomless caring for everyone she meets, the amazing mom she is, her strength, and her love for life.

Then there is my friend Lauralei who just got a pink scooter and a bright pink helmet with a "Hello Kitty" sticker on the back. You have to know her. (She doesn't read my blog so I am free to say whatever I want about her). She is a matter-of-fact kind of girl, stronger than strong; strong enough to go back to nursing school when she was 40, a mom to 4 boys; with a set of twins thrown in there, big hearted, compassionate, funny, and the thing I have recently discovered; she has an inner frilly girl that is dying to get out. Since she has had all things boys all her life, she decided she wanted a scooter to get to work and that she wanted a pink one. I am in awe of her first because I would be too scared to drive one, then to be so bold to get pink. I love that! She is considering getting a pink leather coat to go with it, and I might spring for a cute scarf that would definitely finish the look. I am so grateful for her friendship, and that in many ways our lives run parallel and we totally "get " each other.

I am blessed by these women in my life and have come to realize that there is nothing like a women's perspective to help me sort things out.

4 comments:

pammycakes said...

oh my gosh.,....how cute is that...and i want a real picture of her on her scooter with the pink helmet and the pink leather jacket....oh my....she is hillarious...she needs a basket on front for a pink little doggie...hahahhahahahha
p.s. i love you too

Beth said...

You, my Berlea friend, make me very, very happy. Are we co-workers? Yes, for now. Are we friends? For life. You'll never shake me. :)

dizzysnux said...

She needs to be here on the island... that would be perfect here.... Paige is riding theirs only its black..... i wish i was brave enough to ride one,i would get one like that...... fun fun/ Happy for you and your sweet friends....... hugs

Yonette said...

You know, we are the girls that are blessed beyond measure with your friendship. What lucky gals we are!!