Sunday, January 26, 2014

In Formation



This was waiting for us in the mail on Saturday.

It's what we have anxiously been waiting for. First letter from basic training. Garret said he's doing pretty good but is ready to get out of "Red Phase." That is week 1-3 and is probably the toughest of the 12 weeks of basic training. They learn protocol, meet their drill sergeants, and participate in individual drills. Garret said their drill sergeant is hard on them mainly because some can't stop talking on formation. We kind of smiled at each other because we can just hear Garret saying that (think Axl from The Middle) and all the frustration he would put into it. He misses talking to everyone and hasn't gotten any letters we have written to him yet. I know he is looking forward to hearing from everyone.  We caught another glimpse of him on Facebook. 
They were doing some first-aid training. I can't tell what he's thinking. " This is boring," " I am so hungry," " I just want to lie down on this cot and sleep but I can't because a dummy is behind me," 
( there really is a dummy behind him but you can't see it in this picture). I am thinking I just want to hug him and tell him I love him. I think he knows that. 
One more week of Red Phase! Hooah!

No comments: