Friday, January 17, 2014

True Confession

I listen to Country Music. I now know lyrics like " Redneck Crazy," " Check  you for ticks," and "Jesus take the wheel." Gib loves Country music and always has it on or is singing it. Better yet, he usually whistles it. Hope he never loses his whistle. Makes me feel close to him in some way when I listen to it.

I wasn't sure how I felt about Chad finishing school at the same time as Gib but as usual, I didn't know best. I am pretty sure he has had enough of hanging out with his parents but it is a blessing he is around right now. He's working part-time and training to see if he can take this football thing any further. Now or never. He knows it's a long shot but we support his dedication. He even made dinner one night this week. He is going to make some girl very happy some day. 

Today is also my dad's birthday. I am thankful he is still in my life. He loves his grand kids a lot. It's very sweet. This will always be one of my favorite pictures of dad. He loves to dance. This was at my nephew's wedding. 


The times in your life when you are most sensitive somehow stirs up the most precious memories. 

Now I gotta go listen to more music that talks about pick-up trucks drivin' on the highway while trying to find some lost love all while breakin' in some new boots. I said I was new at this.

1 comment:

pammycakes said...

I'm just trying to be a father,
Raise a daughter and a son,
Be a lover to their mother,
Everything to everyone.
Up and at 'em bright and early,
I'm all business in my suit,
Yeah, I'm dressed up for success from my head down to my boots,
I don't do it for the money, there's bills that I can't pay,
I don't do it for the glory, I just do it anyway,
Providing for our future's my responsibility,
Yeah I'm real good under pressure, being all that I can be,
I can't call in sick on Mondays when the weekend's been too strong,
I just work straight through the holidays,
Sometimes all night long.
You can bet that I stand ready when the wolf growls at the door.
Hey, I'm solid, hey, I'm steady, hey, I'm true down to the core.

And I will always do my duty, no matter what the price.
I've counted up the cost, I know the sacrifice.
Oh, and I don't want to die for you,
But if dying's asked of me,
I'll bear that cross with honor,
'Cause freedom don't come free.

I'm an American soldier, an American,
Beside my brothers and my sisters I will proudly take a stand,
When liberty's in jeopardy I will always do what's right,
I'm out here on the front lines. Sleep in peace tonight.
American soldier, I'm an American soldier,

Yeah, an American Soldier, an American.
Beside my brothers and my sisters I will proudly take a stand,
When liberty's in jeopardy I will always do what's right,
I'm out here on the front lines, so sleep in peace tonight.
American soldier, I'm an American, an American, an American soldier!