Wednesday, February 19, 2014

On Target

Garret called Kayla Sunday to check in. I will allow my lack of comment on the fact that he did not call us speak for itself. He is doing really well in White Phase. He scored so high in the marksmanship testing he was helping the drill sergeants. We thought he might do well in that. The boy has been using guns since he was 12. 
It has been bitterly cold there, much like everywhere this winter. That was one of my worries when Garret was going to basic in the dead of winter.  I am not a fan of this season. Anyone that knows me knows the depth of hatred I have for winter. When it snows and people say it's so pretty, my thought bubble says there is not one pretty thing about it. To emphasize my disdain a car pulled out in front of me again last night on my way home from work because of a huge snow bank that blocked the view and my van is wrecked again. You know I love my "mom van". It's lame, I know, but I just love it. Two wrecks in 9 months? Thanks snow bank, thanks a lot. No one was hurt so I am thankful for that. 
I am anxious for this season to end in more than one way. Hoping to talk to Garret soon. In the the meantime, I will try to figure out what Gunner is thinking. Probably that he hates winter and wishes he could run without falling through a foot of snow. 





No comments: