Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Blue Phase

That seems appropriate. I am so done with the cold, ice, snow, dry skin, dirty car, narrow roads from all the snow that I feel pretty blue. By this time of year usually there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am just not seeing it. It was 1degree last night. I had to layer up when I went to bed to keep warm. I was feeling sorry for myself then thought about Garret. 
He called Sunday. He is doing well but getting mentally and physically tired. They are in blue phase and only have two weeks of basic left. He is glad for that but then told us this week they spend four days and nights outside. In the frigid weather! If it was me I would cry and want my mommy. He actually seemed excited about it. I feel bad complaining when I know what he is going through. He has already sat in a tree stand in bitterly cold for hours and hours so I guess that was good practice. 
It's been a long, cold winter. I am anxious to see a blade of new,  green grass and to see my boy who sounds like a grown-up soldier. It's not far off. 
Gunner on the other hand loves to run in the snow and sink his paws into it. 

No comments: