Saturday, March 15, 2014

Officially Official

Today I saw something that will forever be known as one of the most precious moments in my life. I saw my boy's face completing basic training and he has that half-smile I love so dearly.

This is the first close-up picture of Garret during basic where I can see his name on his uniform and that face that slays me. I want to just stare at this. I know I am gushing but when I saw this and then this...

Some feeling I totally didn't know I was feeling bubbled up. He will always be my baby. That's all I could think of and now he is officially a soldier and looks like a man now. Next up is AIT. Prayers would be appreciated for this next phase. This will be the nitty gritty of what he loves and wants to excel in. Thanks for indulging a very proud Army Mom.

1 comment:

pammycakes said...

I am so proud!!!! And you did good Kimmy!!!!