Monday, March 24, 2014

I like sushi so there's that

Garret called this past Friday. He was excited to tell us he would be stationed in NY. For a couple seconds. That quickly, he was interrupted and was told he was now getting orders to Japan and it would possibly be for 3 years. OK, nothing similar about the two places but deep breath, and adjust. I knew an International base was possible and I am trying to think of it as an adventure. I know none of us would ever go to Japan and I am sure we will try to go see Garret there. I am waiting to hear when he has this in writing, that's just how I am, a belt and suspender kind of person.
Our conversation was short so we have no more details than that. Anxiously waiting to get to have a real conversation. This experience is testing my ability to be patient. Work in progress.
Oddly enough we found ourselves eating at a Sushi restaurant Saturday night. None of us mentioned the connection. The irony is not lost on me.

We are just preparing for our visit with this bad boy called a Snow White Special Roll. Speaking of Dwarfs, we told Rich he will be a giant in Japan. Also another reason to visit. 

No comments: