Monday, April 13, 2015

Refresh

Friends of ours asked us to go see the Christian Rock group Newsboys on Friday. They have been around since the 80s but we have never seen them. I know you are thinking we are kind of old for that sort of thing. I am also sure the kids are a little freaked out at the thought of their parents jamming to some Christian Rock. The truth is, I was really inspired at how they presented to gospel so clearly and unashamed during the concert. They have been featured in the movie " God is not Dead" and also in an upcoming movie "Do You Believe?" Recently I have realized how comfortable I am in my world and that I really need to be prepared to share God's Word in my daily life. In the midst of the loud bass, awesome drum show, see this linkhttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EnPaWcjzhTU, light show, God really used that to remind me to freshen my outlook.

Speaking of refresh, have you ever used a paint sprayer? Those things are clearly made by some sort of evil person. Lauren has a dining table and chairs that we gave her that are over 20 years old. We wanted to change the oak to black table and white chairs. I mistakenly thought using a paint sprayer would be so much easier than plain old cans of spray paint. So, so wrong. I have not been that frustrated and covered in that much paint, ever. I bought a cheaper model and used that first, it worked for the primer then stopped working. Mid- project, thinking a more expensive model would work better, I went to Lowes covered in paint in my really unattractive paint clothes and bought a name brand model. Fail. We ended up going back and getting spray paint to finish the job. Lesson learned. Today I need to return the evil contraption and the paint that we never used. For all that is good in this world, listen to me and just use old school spray paint. They have really bumped up the quality and you get a great finish. The fumes aren't so bad either.

What I am saying friends is, Spring is a perfect time to refresh things outside but inside isn't so bad either. 

1 comment:

pammycakes said...

Sweet!!!!! I just love you!!!