Sunday, February 15, 2015

Epic fail

One of my goals for this year is to have one original thought I didn't see on Pinterest. Seriously, I blame Pinterest for turning my brain to mush. 
I saw a pin about cleaning in between the oven door and I just so happened to have a big drip in mine that has been driving me crazy for a month or so. I asked my beloved a couple times to help me but our timing wasn't synching by which I mean he didn't feel like doing it when I wanted him to feel like doing it. So I took matters into my own hands. 
The pinner said you simply unscrew the two inside screws, the door comes apart, you clean the mess and screw back together. At first that seemed like the case, until the whole front of the oven flopped open like some kind of jigsaw puzzle. I was concerned but confident I could do this. Until the one big piece in front fell on my toe and did this. 

Wow, I need a pedicure. Sorry, you can't unsee this.  

Rich then paid attention and came into the kitchen and was, let's say curious as to what I was doing. I asked him to hold the one side and as he moved in to help, one of only  two srews that hold this whole puzzle together went flying. I knew it but he didn't. I was looking for it the whole time he was getting more frustrated and irritated that I thought I could do this by myself. I actually said I don't need him for every project I do when in my mind I knew that probably is not right. I was sweating it knowing soon, very soon he would know one screw was missing. We looked everywhere and the added problem of seeing dirt at that eye level I didn't know was there was also alarming. He shook the drawer under the oven and out fell the screw. Whew! Small miracles. My oven is back together but I am still picking up the pieces of my pride. 

2 comments:

Justine said...

Ouch!!! Unfortunately we do need their help once in awhile!

pammycakes said...

Ok mush brain! Your toe looks hideous!!! I'm sorry!! But did u clean the drip ?