Wednesday, February 25, 2015

So, now what?

It has happened. My last day of full-time employment after 15 years at Messiah College was yesterday. I am certain it was time for me to leave but am freaking out a little inside. Why you ask? Now I need to really do the things I have always used work as an excuse not to do. It's a little daunting. 
I did wake up at 6:15am today but rolled over unti 8am until the sun was shining in the window of my bedroom. I didn't realize that since I have not been in bed that late in forever. Well, during the week. 
In my perfect world, I will find a part-time job doing something that makes a difference, volunteer a few hours a week somewhere, and spend a few hours a week exploring a hobby like repurposing furniture or baking biscotti. The last one I wasn't really thinking about but more than one person asked me if that's what I plan to do. They may be on to something. 
I hope to make a better effort at exercising and daily devotions. This sounds pretty lofty but I think if I say it out loud I will be more likely to do it. 
I am grateful Rich is willing to support my decision and that I can be a kept woman for awhile. He says I will make it two weeks before I look for a job. He might be right. I am hoping I know clearly when a door opens. 

1 comment:

pammycakes said...

Happy retirement to you...plan your trip to see me soon!!! And bring biscotti!!!