Monday, February 2, 2015

Girl version of Super Bowl brawl

So it's been awhile I know. Lots has happened but no sense rehashing the last 8 months. Suffice to say a lot has happened. I hope to get back to this more often just because it's a good way to remember the little things in my world.

How bout that Super Bowl? I could have really cared less except I really cannot stand the Patriots so I was basically rooting against them rather than for any team. I will admit it wasn't a boring game. After all the "Deflategate", Tom Brady saying his feelings were hurt, and Sherman's big mouth, I really just wanted it to be over. So when it was almost over, grown men got into a brawl on the field. In what way does flinging other guys around by the helmets and punching and mouthing off make any sense? How does that show good sportsmanship to all the kids that look up to those players? After thinking this I saw something equally disturbing http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/amazon-beauty-pageant-runner-up-grabs-winner-crown-article-1.2100253 . A beauty pageant is basically the girl version of a Super Bowl. The loser usually feels cheated and is just plain old mad. I think what is really the point is that neither one means a hill of beans at the end of the day. Let's all pick up our helmets and tiaras and shake hands and play nice. 

One thing I should mention is that in a couple weeks I will be done working the job I have had for almost 15 years. Seems like I might have more time on my hands and hoping this next chapter is worth talking about. I will keep you posted. 

1 comment:

pammycakes said...

Yeah!!! Your back and I'm so happy! I need your blog in my life, you make me laugh, cry, and you give me a reason to live!! You need to write a book and I am so happy your moving on!!! P.s. I never won a tiara!!!